We are Mr & Mrs R.M. Williams, trading as Crosby Intruder Alarms further referred to as (“we”, “our”, “ourselves” or Crosby Intruder Alarms”.) Our office is based at 20 Endbutt Lane, Crosby, Liverpool, L23 0TR.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This policy together with any other documents referred to outlines any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read this document carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we treat it.
Crosby Intruder Alarms is a “Data Controller” which means that we are responsible on deciding how we hold and use personal data and information about you. We are required under the latest data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained within this privacy notice.
It is important that you read this notice together with any other privacy notice or documentation that we provide when we are collecting or processing personal information about you – so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
What information is collected by Crosby Intruder Alarms?
We collect your personal data because it is necessary to enter into a contract with you and/or performance of a contract with you including, but not limited to you being a customer of Crosby Intruder Alarms.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of data about you:-
- Information you provide to us:
This is information about you that you provide to us by completing forms on our website, within our acceptance forms, corresponding with us on the telephone, email, social media or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you arrange a site survey, use social media channels, participating in “Live Chat”, “WhatsApp” or “SMS Message” sessions, taking part in telephone conversations with our staff, completing a survey or subscribing to email notifications or newsletters and when reporting problems with installations, website or any other issues. The information that you provide to us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit/debit card information, Keyholder Details and personal description.
- Information we collect about you:
With regard to each of your visits to our website, we will automatically collect the following information:-
- Your IP Address
- Geographical Location
- Browser Type
- Referral Source
- Length of visit on Site & Page
- Number of Page Views
- Information we receive from other sources/parties:
We may receive your information when we work with third party companies which may include Business Partners, Sub-Contractors, Advertising Networks, Analytics Providers, Search Information Providers and Credit Reference Agencies, to give a few examples. However, if this is the case we will notify you of the information received and provide information as to how we will process your information.
- CCTV Images:
Our office is protected by a CCTV System which records constantly for 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
We do not collect any sensitive personal data about you, such as information of your race, political opinions, or religious beliefs, unless we obtain your permission in writing. In addition, we do not knowingly collect personal data from, or direct our content towards anyone under the age of 16.
How will we use the personal data?
We may use your data to undertake the following:-
- Administer our Website.
- Carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- Provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer which are similar to those that you have already enquired about or purchased from ourselves.
- Send our statements and invoices to you and collect payments from you.
- Comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints.
- Deal with Crime and Public Safety.
Where you submit personal data for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use such data in accordance with the license that you grant to us.
You can withdraw your consent to any marketing emails, at any time by contacting us via our contact form on our website.
Disclosing your personal data to others
We will not share your personal data with others, unless:
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal details in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms & conditions.
- Our business enters into a joint venture with, or is sold or merged with, another business. We may then share your personal details with our new business partners or owners.
- We use third parties to carry out business activities and they require your personal details to do so. This may include analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site. We may also share it with
- You have agreed to it being shared with third parties for relevant marketing activity.
- Our Staff are required to view and see your data in order to carry out their day to day working activities.
- Applying for a Unique Reference Number with the Local Police Force.
- Applying for a Communication Device with our Alarms Receiving Centre or product manufactures.
- Remote Support from Software Providers. Please note that during these sessions a member of staff from Crosby Intruder Alarms will be present at all times as the support sessions will only be carried out within office hours. However, in some cases this may not be possible, our CRM Software Provider (ACA Systems) has undertaken the following steps:-
- Every ACA staff member undergoes a security clearance by National Security Screening Agency on employment.
- Customer data will be stored on a single, protected PC on an encrypted har disk, After processing the data for the purpose it was sent to them for, the data will be kept for one week, in case of any queries or bugs. Then it will be deleted.
- ACA Systems have a policy that they cannot remove data from their premises (apart from returning it to ourselves.
- Data Transfers will be done on a one-to-one basis using TeamViewer, RDP or an FTP upload/download site.
Where we store your personal data
Your data is stored on our secure server located within the UK.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means and the applicable legal requirements.
How secure is my data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data and information from accidentally being lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Knowing your rights
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:-
- Request access to your personal information (this is commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This is enables you to receive a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure or deletion of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below). Please note that we cannot delete your whole customer record as we are required to retain certain information for purposes of HMRC Reporting etc. If you request for your information to be erased or deleted the following information will be removed:-
- Bank Details (if we hold them)
- The Site Contact Name & Second Telephone Number
- Keyholder Details
- The Site Name
- Invoice Name & Address (if applicable)
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables us to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party please write to us at 20 Endbutt Lane, Crosby, Liverpool, L23 0TR or use our contact form on our website to get in touch.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Your right to complain
If you have any problems with the way that we are handling your personal data, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
The ICO can be contacted by telephone on 0303 123 113 between the hours of Monday-Friday, between 9am and 5pm or by email at email@example.com. You can also visit the ICO’s website which is https://ico.org.uk.
The data controller responsible for your personal data is Mr & Mrs R.M. Williams, trading as Crosby Intruder Alarms. Our data protection registration number is Z5258015.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact Crosby Intruder Alarms on 0151 920 6912.