Anyone can accidentally activate their alarm system. In fact 96% of all calls passed to the Police are false alarms. You can help to reduce this statistic by following a few simple rules:-
- THE ALARM SYSTEM MUST ONLY BE OPERATED BY PERSONS WHO HAVE BEEN CORRECTLY TRAINED.If you are unsure of the correct operational procedures contact Crosby Intruder Alarms.
- BEFORE LEAVING THE PREMISES CHECK THAT ALL DOORS AND WINDOWS ARE PHYSICALLY SECURED. A walk around the protected area is the only effective way of doing this properly, and preventing unnecessary false alarms.
- ENSURE THAT ALL DETECTION DEVICES ARE NOT OBSTRUCTED.In particular be careful that movement detectors are not obstructed by stock or other items.
- IF MOVEMENT DETECTORS ARE USED, DO NOT INTRODUCE SOURCES OF HEAT, MOVEMENT OR SOUND INTO THE PROTECTED AREA.Inform Crosby Intruder Alarms of any changes since initial installation.
- ALWAYS FOLLOW THE ENTRY/EXIT PROCEDURE AGREED WITH CROSBY INTRUDER ALARMS.Don’t allow entry through any door other than the one designated. Make switching off the alarm system your first priority on entering the building.
- CHECK YOUR KEYS.
Ensure that all keys necessary to enter the building are readily available and that the code numbers are known before entry.
- INFORM CROSBY INTRUDER ALARMS OF ANY ALTERATIONS TO YOUR PREMISES WHICH MAY EFFECT THE ALARM SYSTEM.Do not permit people other than Crosby Intruder Alarms to make changes to the system.
- TREAT YOUR ALARM SYSTEM WITH CARE.Wiring and detection devices can be accidentally damaged or moved. Should this occur inform Crosby Intruder Alarms immediately.
- AFTER A FALSE ALARM, CHECK THE SYSTEM CAREFULLY AND, WHERE POSSIBLE, NOTE THE CAUSE OF THE ACTIVATION.Inform Crosby Intruder Alarms’ technician of the believed source of the activation immediately upon his/her arrival on site.
- MAKE SURE REGULAR MAINTENANCE CHECKS ARE CARRIED OUT BY CROSBY INTRUDER ALARMS. REMEMBER THAT EXCESSIVE FALSE ALARMS WILL NORMALLY RESULT IN THE LOSS OF POLICE RESPONSE. SUCH A WITHDRAWAL OF RESPONSE MAY AFFECT YOUR INSURANCE COVER. LOSS OF RESPONSE SHOULD BE CONVEYED TO YOUR INSURER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Adherence to the 10 points in this list will go a long way towards ensuring that your premises always receive Police attendance at the right time.
Get in Touch…
Talk to the friendly family business with expertise in the industry dating back to 1984.
Call Today on 0800 917 1441
Our Price Guarantee
We guarantee to beat any companies quotations, provided that:
- The company is either SSAIB or NSI (NACOSS) approved
- The proposed equipment is of the same specification as ours
- You provide us with a copy of a written quotation
- The quotation is less than 1 Month old